Leading up to my trip to San Diego, Jenny & I emailed each other back and forth CONSTANTLY! It was a little crazy, but talking to her so much I knew we were going to have so much fun at Jenny & Miguel’s engagement session!

One of the things we discussed was where to do Jenny & Miguel’s photos. She LOVES the famous “War’s End Kiss” photo and wanted to replicate it, but we also talked about a photo shoot at the San Diego Fair. So I said “Why not do both?!”

We first met up at the Midway Museum where there is a huge statue of the sailor kissing the nurse. Miguel wore his Navy uniform and Jenny found an adorable white dress to match the statue. People stopped to watch and take photos. It was sooooo awesome!!

Following the photo session at the Midway Museum we went out to the Gaslamp District and waited for Matt to get out of his conference. After grabbing dinner we headed up to do some more engagement photos at the San Diego Fair. We had so much fun and, of course, the fair just gave us a TON of options for photos. Jenny & Miguel are definitely a very fun, bubbly couple so the fair was a perfect location for photos. And I’m so glad that Matt was able to join us because he shot some of my favorite images of the day. Half of the ones below are his shots, including the first two:

It was definitely a very “sweet” photo session. : ) It was such a blast and after stuffing ourselves on fair food (like deep fried Snickers… whoa!) Jenny & Miguel surprised us with a beautiful and very delicious fruit bouquet delivered to our hotel the next day:

Jenny & Miguel, thank you guys so much for the beautiful basket, the bottle of wine, dinner, the fair… you guys really spoiled us! So sweet of you both to do all of those things! We really enjoyed spending time with you both and will definitely have to hang out the next time we make it out to the West Coast again! Congratulations on your engagement and best wishes for your wedding this fall! : )

9 Responses to “Jenny & Miguel | Engagement Photos at the San Diego Fair”

1. Brittania Garden Photoart says:

These are so fun! I love the replica shot you took.

2. .E. says:

Love these.. so great.. especially that first shot

3. Steph says:

Genius Gwen! I totally love the concept of the War Kiss- and you guys id a great job replicating it! I say "Bravo"! and that would be totally cool as a large print for your office! Let's get together when I get back from SD! We leave on thurs!

4. jennyrey says:

Gwen – I can't thank you enough! These pictures are JUST what we wanted. You really made us feel comfortable in front of the camera – when we're usually very camera shy and un-photogenic! Your photos are magicical!

5. Gwendolyn Tundermann Photography says:

Jenny you are too cute! Shy and un-photogenic definitely does NOT describe you too! We had a lot of fun hanging out with you both! Thank you for getting me to experience my first and LAST deep fried Snickers bar! LOL! It was good, but I am pretty sure I will never order one again. Hehe! : )

6. Matt says:

Jenny and Miguel are an absolutely beautiful couple and it was so fun hanging out with them at the fair. But so much sugar!!!

I love the black and white shot of their shadows. Their heads form a heart shape. So awesome!

I hope we get to go back out there sometime and hang out with them again!

7. Katie Ring says:

Love, Love, Love the war kiss photo!

8. Corinna Hoffman Photography says:

I'm loving the first shot!!

9. […] Back at the beginning of July when we were in San Diego we met up with Jenny & Miguel for a super *sweet* photo session at the San Diego Fair. […]