by Matt

Savannah has a type of old-world, Southern charm that is hard to equal. With historic old buildings, beautiful parks, and a cobble-stone waterfront, it’s not hard to understand why Alli and Jim chose this beautiful backdrop for their destination wedding.

Alli stayed at the very posh Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront. Combining vintage elegance with a modern flair, Alli wore a full-length gown with ruffles, a head-band veil, and fabulous zebra-print heels. Hair and makeup were provided by The Red Headed Bride. The finishing touch was an amazing bouquet by A To Zinnia’s.

At the same time, Jim was putting on his white tuxedo at the AVIA Savannah Hotel before meeting for guy photos. These included a very touching photo of Jim, his father, Jim, Jr., and his grandfather, Jim, Sr.

With the help of amazing Savannah wedding coordinator Jeannie Sims of BRiDE – Brilliantly Designed Events, Alli and Jim chose to have their wedding at Reynolds Square. Reynolds Square is centered around a statue of John Wesley with beautiful Spanish moss hanging from the trees. Accompanied by classical music, Jim watched as his beautiful bride was escorted into the square by her father. The ceremony was officiated by Judge Andrews, who added to the feel of this Southern wedding with a classic top hat. After a very sweet ceremony, a trolley from Old Savannah Tours transported everyone to shoot wedding photos at Forsyth Park.

Next it was on to the wedding reception at Vic’s on the River. The reception was decorated with colorful floral arrangements and a lot of details with birds (such as the table numbers and votive holder favors). The guests signed a “family tree” by using their thumbprints as the leaves (possibly the cutest guestbook we have ever seen!). The adorable wedding cake, created by Delectable Designs, had a pair of birds to symbolize their union, with a pair of little bird tracks, symbolizing the journey that brought them to that day. However, the “sweetest” moment of the evening happened when Jim gave a toast to thank all their guests and family. As he looked down at his new bride, Jim began to choke up. With Alli gazing back at him, Jim had eyes only for his bride, revealing the absolute love he has for her and she has for him.

Alli and Jim continued to celebrate with their guests, with music provided by the Jeff Beasley Band. The night ended with a festive exit from Vic’s and an after party at Churchill’s Pub!

Although we had a short time with Alli and Jim, they left an impression on us with their sweetness and obvious affection for each other. We want to thank them for letting us be a part of their beautiful wedding and wish them many blessings as they begin their marriage!

Bohemian-Hotel-Savannah-Wedding-Photos

Vics-On-The-River-Savannah-Wedding-Photos

Vics-On-The-River-Savannah-Wedding-Photos

Vics-On-The-River-Savannah-Wedding-Photos

Vics-On-The-River-Savannah-Wedding-Photos

Vics-On-The-River-Savannah-Wedding-Photos

Vics-On-The-River-Savannah-Wedding-Photos

15 Responses to “Allison & Jim | Savannah Destination Wedding at Reynolds Square | Destination Wedding Photographers”

1. Jessica Durand says:

Love the pictures!! I can’t wait to see all of them!

2. Melissa Barclay says:

This was one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever been to. The photography is beautiful and completely captured the entire day. I can’t wait to see the rest of the pictures!

3. Caitlin Griffith says:

The pictures turned out amazing!! I love the pictures from the Bohemian; the shoe picture is so great, and I especially love the sparkler picture!! What a fantastic idea, and the picture captures it so well!

4. Marilee Lang says:

OMG…..these pictures are taken like something from Bride’s Magazine. Very beautiful and OUTSTANDING!!!!!! I would recommend them in a heartbeat!!!!! Allie, James, you both make the perfect couple. So very proud and happy for you both!!!!!

5. Lyndsey says:

Gwen, these are phenomenal! I love the different take on the veil that the bride did it looks amazing, and the flowers that they had are gorgeous!

6. Hilary Warner says:

AMAZING pics!!!!!

7. Jake, Nina & Gwen says:

Beautiful pictures! Beautiful couple! Can’t wait to see the rest of them in July.

8. Rachel Socha says:

These are absolutely beautiful!! You guys are look gorgeous, I cannot wait to see all of them! I’m so happy for you guys! So glad I could share your guys’ day with you, I’m so proud to be Jim’s Sister and Allie now being my new sister-in-law!! Love you both!!

9. Karen Cruzen says:

Alli and Jim: Best Wishes to both of you! I’m a friend of Mickey and Jims (in Port Orange, FL). I’ve met Jim in the past, and look forward to meeting you one day, Alli. You were an absolutely beautiful bride, as was Jim an extremely handsome groom!!! The photographer really captured the moments! (I’ll keep the photographer in mind for my future wedding.) ALL THE BEST TO YOU, MR. AND MRS. JIM BARCLAY!

10. Andi Buffington says:

Oh my goodness!! So beautiful! Congratulations again!

11. Erin Moore says:

Those are the prettest picutres I’ve probably ever seen. They did a great job and can’t wait to see the rest!!

12. Janet Williams says:

Jim and Alli, Congratulations on your wedding and what a beautiful place to have your most precious day! I was in Savannah for a gathering in the same place, but your day tops it all! I can’t wait to come to Des Moines and see the rest of the photos.

13. Jenn Williams says:

every single one of these pictures are amazing! the wedding looks like it was beautiful!

14. Susan Wells says:

Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous wedding! You were really blessed with perfect weather too. What an honor it was to attend your wedding in Savannah (and what fun too)! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pictures. Love you both!

15. Mickey Barclay says:

I am so proud of both of you and Dad and I welcome, with open arms, Alli to out family. The pictures are beautiful and so original. Dad and I love you both.