We first met Melissa & Alex at Sheba & Nolan’s wedding last fall in Jacksonville. They had such an incredible vision for their wedding, deciding to do a destination wedding to Tampa. We met up with them this past May to shoot their engagement photos in downtown Boston and hear more details about the big day!

Melissa & Alex rented a gorgeous estate for their wedding party and family to spend time together for the whole wedding weekend. The mansion was flat-out amazing with a huge pool, tons of gorgeous rooms, and an amazing entrance way with chandeliers! Their master bedroom made for especially nice getting ready photos, with perfect light and a vivid red wall.

For the wedding ceremony and reception, Alex and Melissa chose A La Carte Event Pavilion, a full-service venue that created one of the most beautiful weddings we’ve seen to date. Their ceremony had one of the most personal, special moments we’ve ever seen, where Melissa played a message to her groom-to-be before being walked down the aisle by her father. Her message was heartfelt and impossible to not get caught up in. Alex was overcome by emotion. What an amazing moment!

Despite some afternoon storms, we found a beautiful, nearby park with lots of trees and green leaves hanging down. Melissa and Alex couldn’t help but look at each other and it was easy to see the connection they share as they spent a few quiet moments to themselves.

The rest of the evening was full of celebration! With Inpulse Entertainment keeping the party going, Melissa and Alex spent the rest of the night dancing with their closest friends and family.

We feel so honored and happy to have been able to share their wedding day with Melissa and Alex. They spent about 3 weeks in Florida, so now that they are back home we’re finally able to share a peek at some of the photos from their beautiful wedding! Congratulations to you both!

Pic with Sheba & Nolan and Melissa & Alex at the wedding

Pic with Sheba & Nolan and Melissa & Alex at the wedding

102 Responses to “Melissa & Alex | Tampa Wedding at A La Carte Event Pavilion | Destination Wedding Photographers”

1. Holly says:

GORGEOUS pictures and I love all the different colors that you captured! I also LOVE her dress!!!!!!!

2. Great colors! Wow… so vibrant. Love Love the shot of them on the dock!!

3. Administrator says:

Thanks ladies! It was a beautiful wedding for a very special couple! : )

4. Krit says:

You guys looked absolutely GORGEOUS!!! congrats again!! sorry I couldn’t make it, still mad about it :-(

5. Stacy Pauley-Sherman says:

Amazing. You guys did an amazing job, it was wonderful meeting you two. Mel and Alex chose the best in the business.

6. Tommy Godbout says:

The best time of our lives!!!!!!!!!! Love u both!!!! just need to let u know those bristol boys got too much swag!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Danielle Lusk-Wiggins says:

gorgeous!!!! the most beautiful, heart-felt, classy yet FUN wedding i have ever been a part of…. congrats to my wonderful friends on their life-long journey. love yall! the pics are wonderful!!! great job guys!!

8. Anna Kim says:

Niiiiiice! You just have the wedding photos down, girl! Love them all, especially of the one where they’re on the dock.

9. Melissa Armento says:

I’m speechless! Every picture reminds me a special moment or a little detail of something I may have forgotten. I adore the one of Baylee. My husband is so handsome! And, ya…the red one wall of me it’s bad :-P Gwen and Matt you both truly captured everything we could ask for. You are both truly so amazing!! Thank you!!!

10. Melissa Armento says:

Ya so… lets try that again! “And, the picture of me standing infront of the red wall isn’t bad :-P” Good lord Melissa!

11. kristie says:

these r beautiful pictures! thank u so much for allowing me to b a part of this! it was amazing

12. Administrator says:

LOL! Melissa you are too funny! These were just a quick pick of photos, but I think by the end we’ll all have new favorites! Tons more to come! : )

13. Cliff Sumner says:

Absolutely gorgeous!

14. Alicia Jennings says:

Beautiful pictures — terrific wedding! Alex and Melissa — you both look great! xo

15. Lindsay Jimison says:

Congratulations Melissa and Alex! I had a blast helping you plan your wedding. You guys were awesome to work with and made planning so much fun! I wish you both the best and hope to stay in touch. What a beautiful couple!

Lindsay Jimison

16. Rachel Fox says:

These pics are breathtaking~ looks more like they’re from a photo shoot rather than an actual wedding! Just like your engagement photos, it’s hard to pick a favorite.. Miss you guys xoxo

17. Charlotte says:

Melissa!! You look beautiful and the pictures are amazing. The wedding looks like it was a very classy affair. So sad I couldn’t make it.

18. Curtis says:

It was a pleasure working with you! The pictures are amazing! Congratulations! It was awesome!

19. Diana S. says:

Absolutely gorgeous! Jus wondering about the estate where you stayed, Where was it and what is it called? It’s beautiful!

20. Sam says:

amazing….the pictures show how much you two are in love.
    I picked my favorite. You two in front of the lake.

21. Debbie says:

Melissa you are the most beautiful bride I’ve ever seen! John and I are so happy we got to spend youre special day with you! The wedding and the weekend at the mansion was one of the best times I’ve ever had! Love you both

22. Jana says:

Melissa, you were absolustely breathtaking! I’m sorry that we couldn’t make it, we really wanted to be there. We Love ya’ll and miss ya’ll so much. We wish the best for you and your family. Congratulations! love ya!

23. Michelle says:

What an AMAZING time; most beautiful wedding I’ve ever seen!! Thank you for making me part of your special day xoxo

24. Stephanie says:

You are just a knock out sister! I love you both and wish all the BEST!!

25. Alex Armento says:

Gwen and Matt…Thank you so much for all of your extra time and effort that you gave us throughout this whole process. Your dedication to the art of photography and to us is something to be admired. These pictures are breathtaking and I can’t wait to see more! Thanks to everyone commenting. It brings a smile to our faces!

26. Rob says:

My favorite pics are… the girls on the stairs all sassy looking..and the guys in front of the limo…pretty badass bunch. And of course Mr. Bay walking down the aisle!!!

27. Mom Brasley says:

Such a beautiful wedding! Love seeing the pictures, I love the dancing shot.

28. jeremy atchison says:

hey congrates.

29. Jen V says:

you two are so precious! and all of these photos are absolutely amazing, all of them are breathtaking….you both look so happy :)

30. NH Deb says:

Great pictures! Be as happy for ever!

31. Deb Casey says:

These are wonderful pictures. It brings back the night!

32. Sean Casey says:

Congratulations and really great pictures

33. Michaela says:

The pictures are absolutely beautiful! You both look fantastic! I am so happy for you!

34. Rebecca W says:

Melissa, the pictures are Amazing, it looks like a beautiful wedding and great time!!!

35. Shannon S. says:

Melissa you looked gorgeous! All of the pictures came out beautiful, I especially loved the one with the entire bridal/groom party on the dock & your son was the cutest ring bearer I’ve ever seen!

36. John and Eileen Calkins says:

Mickey and Family,

Thank you for sharing these wonderful pictures with us. Thou all were beautiful I thought that
    the picture of the bridal party in front of the water was so special. Our best wishes to the happy
    and great looking couple.

Lots of Love

Eileen

37. Dink & Lorrraine Mertz says:

We heard so much about how beautiful your wedding was and what a good time Deb(Casey) had , we just had to take a look at the pictures. Everything looked great and we wish you the best.
    Deb Caseys Parents
    Lorraine & dink

38. Judy C says:

Great pictrures of a wonderful couple, I know your hapiness will last forever !!
    How about a do over so I can be there this time ? I’ll sell my soul to the devil to get there ! :)

39. Janice O. says:

Congratulations! Alex, your mom said it was a beautiful and romantic wedding – the pictures capture all that and more.

40. kyla ryng says:

Such a perfect wedding and the pictures look wonderful!!! I don’t think I could even imagine a better wedding day! I love you two.

41. Alex Ryng says:

Thank you so much for having us be a part of your wedding. Everything went so smoothly. And your pictures came out beautiful. I wish we knew about your photographers! Thanks again.

42. Dana says:

Sister you were breathe taking. Alex we couldn’t be happier that you are officially part of the family. We love you and amazing pictures.

43. Dad Stewart says:

This was one of the most important days of my life. Ya’ll are very blessed to have such a wonderful love between you two. Always be as happy as you look in these photos.

44. Thanks Alex and Melissa for sharing your beautiful wedding photos. It looks like your day was magical. We wish you happiness and love.

Kathy and Bob

45. Michele I says:

When I first looked at these pictures the one that stood out the most was the one against the red wall it’s one of my favorites Melissa! Your wedding was absolutely amazing and me and kyle had the time of our lives so thank you!

46. Danielle says:

Melissa and Alex thank you for letting me part of your special day. The wedding was absolutely amazing and the pictures are beautiful to prove it. I wish you guys the best of luck in everything you guys do. Lots of love from FLA <3 Danielle

47. Bernadette says:

I am completely shocked.. well not really. We always knew Melissa and Alex would make a beautiful couple- but these pictures are truly amazing! I love the color.. Mel you are so stunning. I wish we could have been there, but you were in my thoughts all day. Love to you both.. B, Gracie and Greg

48. Judy Sherman says:

Melissa you look stunning! Alex so handsome! Baylee is adorable! – It looks like you had a beautiful wedding and great time – we are so disappointed we could not be there.
    We love you guys!!!

Dan & Judy Sherman

49. Wendy says:

Alex and Melissa, your pictures are absolutely beautiful!!! You two looked amazing!!! Congratulations to the happy couple!!!

50. Lezli Mertin says:

As the mother of the bride what can I say my daughter was just absolutely gorgeous, Alex so handsome Baylee well just look at him!!! These pictures are truly fantastic! Gwen and Matt what a amazing job love love LOVE them can’t wait to see more Alex welcome to our crazy family you said on your wedding day to me “thanks mom for the best day of my life” That was the nicest thing any one has ever said to me take care of my Melissa she only deserves the best and I truly believe that’s you Love you both mom

51. Jade Sherman says:

Alex I feel like it was just yesterday we were little kids having sleepovers and I was trying to be “one of the guys” with all the dirt biking and fort building at your old house on Bird Rd. Your wedding looked amazing. You looked so handsome and the bride….absolutely stunning!! Congrats!!! The Sherman family misses you!!

52. Cory says:

All the pictures are great, especially the overhead shot of you two and everyone dancing around you. The ceremony and reception were beautiful. We had a great time by far the best wedding we have been to. Kaylin is still talking about it, I think she likes Bay! SHHHH!

53. Carolyn Nelson says:

Alex & Melissa
    CONGRATULATIONS ! The pictures are absolutely stunning!!

54. Wayne B says:

Hey guys, great pictures, I heard it was an amazing wedding. I’m very happy for you 2

55. Jenn B says:

Stewy, your pictures are amazing, absolutely beautifull wedding. The engagement pics were great too.

56. Sheba says:

These photos are gorgeous! Some really good shots! Your going to enjoy putting your album together!

57. Nolan says:

Looking good! Your photos look almost as good as ours! : ) Glad to have shared the day with you!

58. Lynne from Shields says:

Wow, absolutely beautiful. I wish you and your new love health and happiness for ever!

59. Andy says:

Oh, look, Al cried. I like the photo of the dance floor from the security camera.

60. Lisa Griggs says:

Awesome wedding. The bride is amazing.

61. sara Mclaughlin says:

Love the pictures! Congratulations!!!!

62. Brent Kuei-Tung says:

Congratulations! great pictures.

63. Doreen says:

What beautiful pictures! Can’t wait to see the rest of them. Had a great time at the wedding and had a nice mini vacation with your Mom.

64. Adam says:

Congrats! Those r some great pics to bad I was not invited and was in any of them to make it better

65. Alyssa says:

These pictures are aboulutly stunning.
    So professional.
    Congratulations :)

66. Peter says:

Congratulations, Alex & Melissa! Love the pictures!

67. Meghan says:

these pictures are absolutely stunning! i love them and you guys :) looks like an amazing time~
    congratulations! im so happy for you two!
    love yaaaa

68. Joanne Cameron says:

Congrats Melissa and Alex!

69. Marianne says:

Melissa and Alex , you both look fantastic! Congratulations!

70. Vinne says:

What an awesome wedding you guys are great. Congratulations

71. Bernie Graham says:

Congratulations….what a stunning couple……May God continue to smile upon your marriage & family.

72. Erica says:

The pictures look absolutely gorgeous! Congrats you two!

73. Kendra says:

Alex and Melissa, absolutly stunning! You two are a perfect couple! I wish you all the best and more!

74. Justin says:

Great weekened, amazing wedding. All the pictures look very good. Congrats Mel and Alex!!

75. Kendra says:

Congrats! You both looked stunning! I wish you all the best and more!!

76. mandy says:

Holy Heaven! These pictures are absolutely beautiful. I hope it was as perfect as it looks, because you guys deserve it.

77. rita says:

What GREAT pix!!! Everyone looks fantastic but most especially Melissa and Alex. Congratulations!

78. Kemper says:

Coco is sexy!!!

79. Jenny says:

Congrats you guys!!!

80. Amber says:

It was such a fantastic night! You guys looked great. Go make me more godbabies now!

81. Viktor Karetsky says:

Beautiful pictures! Congratulations and i wish you two all the best!

82. Miriam Kinuthia says:

Wow!!!! You guys look so incredibly fantastic!!! Great pictures, great photography. Congratulations Alex and Melissa and I wish you all the best in life! Enjoy the marriage, the in-laws, the babies and everything in between.

83. howard cohen says:

Enjoyed your wonderful,beautiful photos!! Made me feel like I had been there. Many wonderful years to both of you !!!!

84. Diane Cohen says:

Two lovely peop;e and photographs to match.. Many years of happiness to you both :)

85. Jeanie Lemieux says:

Alex and Melissa your wedding pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations to you both!

86. Jason DeBay says:

Congratulations Alex, the pictures are amazing! (even the one of you crying) All the blessings in the world goes out to you.

87. Patrick says:

Congratulations! Wishing you a long an happy life together… Now get back to work.

88. Carolyn Cooney says:

Congratulations! It looked like the ultimate elegant & romatic wedding–very beautiful all around.

89. Heather says:

Oh how beautiful! Looks like a perfect time and a perfect day! Best wishes to both of you! Congrats!

90. Yulia says:

Congratulations on your marriage and beautiful pictures! Very nice and colorful memories. More happy memories and pictures to come!

91. Kathy Norton says:

What a gorgeous bride and handsome groom!

92. Baylee Backiel says:

Mom and Coco, nice pictures. I like the one of me! Love, Baylee

93. Yuri & Gina says:

Pictures are really amazing. Very professional. Alex and Melissa congratulations on your wedding and wish you many years of happiness.

94. Jane De Luca says:

Congratulations and many blessings Alex and Melissa! You guys look like an amazing couple. I wish you happy years and joyous times together’ Beautiful pictures … I especially like the one of you crying, Alex. The best times are just beginning …

95. Kyle Noddin says:

Absolutely Fantastic!!!! Love you both!!!! Most Fun Michele and I ever had you two are the best!! And We definitely need to get together again soon!!!! CT Peeps +Fl peeps = San Diego 2011????

96. Mitch Klausner says:

Congratulations! Nice pictures. BTW – Who is the handsome guy with bride? ;>)

97. Seyoum Ayehunie says:

Congratulations! and I wish you a happy future. The pictures are beautiful.

98. Ray says:

Wow! Melissa Melissa…looking stunning! Alex not bad yourself. The pictures tell a great story of your day. Congrats! I wish you all the happiness in your marriage and continued future together.

99. Cristina says:

These pictures are absolutely stunning! But for as good as they are, I’m sure they only capture a fragment of the happiness you share. All the best to you guys!!!

100. Amanda W says:

Who knew Alex cleaned up so nice? Congrats you two! Gorgeous pics!!!!

101. Bridget B. says:

What great photos! Looks like it was a fabulous day–here’s to a a fabulous life together.

102. Thank you so much Melissa, Your photos are absolutely stunning! You looked Beautiful!! It was a pleasure working with you and I am happy to have played a tiny part in making your day so special. A lifetime of Happiness and Love to you both..Thanks again, Maureen @ Shorechic.com