To know Nancy & Salim is to love them. As one of her friends told us, Nancy is everyone’s best friend. She loves with her whole heart and just being around her makes your day brighter. And if there is anyone who can match Nancy’s amazing spirit, it’s Salim. They are both always smiling and it’s clear that family and friends mean everything to them. And on October 9th, we witnessed just how much two people can love each other!

Nancy and Salim planned an incredible destination wedding in Riviera Maya at the Azul Beach Hotel. Filled with salsa lessons, lounging on swinging beds hanging over the ocean, a welcome reception featuring a mariachi band and “Pepito“ the donkey, the days leading up to their wedding were incredible. We’ll share more about their welcome reception and the resort later, but since Nancy & Salim just returned from their honeymoon we are anxious to share their wedding photos first!

The morning began with Nancy meeting her sisters for breakfast while Salim and his friends took a catamaran sail down the coast. As they got ready in rooms near each other, the anticipation was building. Salim waited anxiously in the grand entranceway to the resort for Nancy to meet him for their first look. When Salim turned around to see Nancy for the first time, the look of joy on both their faces caused us to get tears in our eyes. Salim already thought Nancy was the most beautiful woman in the world, but no doubt he saw her differently at that moment. With tears in Salim’s eyes, I’m sure that Nancy’s heart started fluttering as she looked into the eyes of her soulmate.

Nancy and Salim’s beautiful ceremony included personal vows that they had written for each other. You could tell that both of them could barely contain themselves as they laughed and cried. They even got in trouble for kissing (a few times) before they were supposed to.

Following the ceremony, everyone met for a cocktail hour in a swanky lounge created under the palapas. As everyone chatted and enjoyed the ocean breeze, the resort was preparing a gorgeous reception site further down on the beach. Everyone gathered for dinner under the stars as tikki lamps and candles created a romantic ambiance. As the evening continued and speeches and “tequila” toasts were made, everyone was in full party mode! Everyone brought props to take part in the photobooth, and it got a little crazy! Good times!!

We can’t emphasize enough how wonderful their wedding was and what an amazing time everyone had! We are so honored to have been part of it, and we’re very excited to be going up to Charlotte this weekend to celebrate again at their home reception! Nancy & Salim, you are both wonderful and we love ya! : )

18 Responses to “Nancy & Salim | Destination Wedding at Azul Beach Hotel | Riviera Maya Destination Wedding Photographers”

1. Holly Herrin says:

Beautiful pictures! I love her pink shoes! I also LOVE how happy they both look in all of the pictures!

2. John Jett says:

Love the pics! They did a fantastic job.

3. Christine says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictuers! I cannot wait to see Sal & Nancy Saturday at their reception! Love the photography! Great job!

4. Theresa Grube says:

I have never seen such beautiful picutres! Every picture is more amazing then the next. I have to admit, I cried looking at them. WOW!!!!

5. Susan says:

These photographs capture the essence of both of our beautiful friends, Nancy and Sal! Absolutely amazing!!!!

6. Mary says:

The photos brought tears to my eyes as well! The pics capture and tell the story of true love!

7. What beautiful pictures!!!!! I, too, had tears in my eyes. Just to see the love between Nancy & Salim. Gwen, you did a great job!!! Kudos!!!

8. Michelle says:

WOW!!! Amazing photos. Beautiful, wonderful, tell’s a story. I so wish I was there, but cannot wait to celebrate with you all Saturday!!! Congrats!!!

9. Tori Teska says:

Amazing Pics, you had me crying!! So Beautiful!!!

10. Jay & Bibi says:

Photos are fabulous! They really do capture the love shared by Salim and Nancy and the joy they experienced from all their attending guests. Great job, Guys!

11. kamikams says:

THIS is what its all about ….. amazing snaps – you really captured the spirit of these two amazing, real, and loving partners and friends

love love love

12. Nan & Sal says:

These photos give me the goosebumps and make my stomach flutter! I can’t put into words just how much these pictures mean to me, they are stunning. Thank you Gwen and Matt!

13. Administrator says:

I am so happy to hear that! There are many more fun times to be remembered. I can’t wait to finish editing the rest so you can re-live each moment! It was amazing! : )

14. Steph Owens says:

hey Chicka! This is what I am talking about! Technically speaking you guys rocked it! The colors are beautiful, the lighting is spot on~ Great job girl! Incredible job. And they look so in love~ you captured them beautifully. huggs~ s.

15. Steph Owens says:

and PS~ the guy in the shorty shorts- freakin HOT~ hehe… fun stuff!

16. Administrator says:

Thanks Steph! And yes, he is not only hot but also patriotic! OMG too much fun to be had at one time! The photo booth got crazy!

17. Hillary says:

LOVE the pictures and LOVE the couple in them!!!! Fabulous job!!!! CONGRATS MR AND MRS USUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Larry and Mary says:

Nancy and Salim
    Our congratulations and best wishes to you both. What beautiful wedding pictures!! So exciting to see! Thanks for sharing them with us. God bless you and your life together.