We recently traveled to Jamaica to capture Deyanna & Brandon’s destination wedding at Secrets Wild Orchid in Montego Bay. They couldn’t have chosen a more beautiful location! As you approach Sangster International Airport, you can see Secrets from the plane. The resort is located on a small peninsula with long rocky paths leading out into the water, distinguishing it from other resorts that line the beaches in mountainous MoBay. Talk about getting married in paradise!

With turquoise water behind them, Deyanna & Brandon said “I do” in front of a close group of family and friends. Their happiness couldn’t be contained. The day was FINALLY here, and the smiles on their faces just said it all. All of the long distance planning and all the details came down to this one day and this moment – the day they became husband and wife!

As the ceremony concluded, the storms clouds approached from behind the mountains. We wished them away, and we raced against time to shoot their portraits before heading inside for the reception. I think if we had stayed a few minutes longer we would have been caught in the rain, but it was hard to pull away from the amazing spectacle created by the storm clouds and the brilliant sunset. I knew if we just waited for it we’d get the most incredible shot, and you can see below where the sky went from pretty blue and yellow to a brilliant gold! Inside I was just begging for that storm to stay away long enough to get an amazing silhouette shot, and the lovely island granted our wish!

Safely in the reception and unaware of the rain pouring outside, guests enjoyed dinner, cocktails, and an amazing dessert bar while the DJ played one great song after the other. Even the wait staff couldn’t help dancing off to the side! A soul train formed a couple times throughout the night, but my favorite parts were Brandon & Deyanna each singing to each other. Brandon can be a quiet guy, so when he started singing everyone got such a kick out of it! And when Deyanna and her girls started performing Beyonce’s “Love On Top” I saw a side of this driven and ambitious woman that I had not seen before! She put her all into it. Now, I don’t know if they had practiced and planned this, but it was a phenomenal performance. Brandon watched with a huge smile on his face while recording it on his phone! : )

And I still have a huge grin thinking about that day! It was just too much fun! It’s hard not to enjoy shooting a wedding in such a beautiful place, but really it was the people who made this wedding so amazing. Deyanna & Brandon and their guests were all so wonderful that it was bittersweet when we had to head back. Thank you for letting us share this amazing trip with you! Matt and I wish you both blessings and happiness in your marriage!

Secrets-Wild-Orchid-Wedding-Photos-39.jpg

Secrets-Wild-Orchid-Wedding-Photos-32.jpg

Secrets-Wild-Orchid-Wedding-Photos-33.jpg

Secrets-Wild-Orchid-Wedding-Photos-34.jpg

Secrets-Wild-Orchid-Wedding-Photos-36.jpg

Secrets-Wild-Orchid-Wedding-Photos-37.jpg

Secrets-Wild-Orchid-Wedding-Photos-38.jpg

I’ve had this song in my head the whole time while editing all your photos. I think it just captures the vibe and complete joy from your wedding celebration and every time I hear it I’ll be taken back to that day! : )

32 Responses to “Deyanna & Brandon | Wedding at Secrets Wild Orchid | Destination Wedding Photographers”

1. Mom says:

Reminds me of how pretty your wedding was in Jamaica!

2. Kali says:

I so enjoyed every moment of the time spent in Jamaica with you and your family during this most joyous occasion. Wishing you and Brandon the best.

3. Dee Respress says:

Gwen and Matt you did a fabulous job! You certainly captured some of my favorite moments of the night. Each picture reminds me of just how amazing hat night was. We had the perfect crowd for a perfect night with the perfect photographers there to capture it all. I wish you and Matt absolutely nothing less than God’s best. (BTW we didn’t rehearse or even plan that…all the reason it was a perfect night).

4. That makes it even better that it wasn’t rehearsed, but you all were so in sync that I had to wonder! It was such a fun night!

5. Belle says:

Beautiful…. God bless ur union and again congratulations! So happy for you!

6. Lawana says:

Fabulous pictures for such a special occasion! Thanks so much for sharing!

7. Adrienne Swinton says:

What a beautiful ceremony! So glad I was able to share in your special day.
    This pictures are awesome! Congrats to one of my favorite couple. Brandon by far has the best pictures…lol :)

8. Damon Ashford says:

Very nice photos :) Congrats Deyanna!!

9. Rashad says:

Although I was not able to make it to Jamaica, these pictures make me feel like I was there for every moment! Congratulations again sis!

10. Tamieka says:

These photos are amazing and capture great memories. Pics take right back there. Great day of celebration. So happy I was able to be there and have that impromptu performance with my girl at the end.

11. monique martin says:

Love the pictures Dee, well deserved, you are a great person and will help anyone you can. So proud of you!!!!! Would love to see your love on top video! :-)

12. Ashlie Prior says:

What BEAUTIFUL pictures!!! I am still sad that I couldn’t make it, but you were a gorgeous bride. Congrats to you both.

13. TRENNA BOBB says:

THIS WEDDING WAS THE BEST WEDDING EVER I KNOW I AM BIASED BUT IT STILL WAS THE BEST EVER. THANK YOU GWEN & MATT FOR CAPTURING MY DAUGHTERS BEAUTIFUL DAY.

14. GLENDA TURNER says:

THIS WAS A BEAUTIFUL WEDDING I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU DEYANNA.

15. JOYCE POLITE-DAVIS says:

THE WEDDING WAS GREAT. I HAD A WONDERFUL TIME. SAME TIME SAME PLACE NEXT YEAR.

16. Shix says:

Whoo… hew! I wanna go back, let’s redo the WHOLE THING!

• Dee says:

No how you and EB renew your vows next year. Gwen can come photograph and that crazy group of people who said “same time, same place next year” will help you plan it. Thanks for chairing the best Rum Punch Decorating Committee EVER!

17. Dr. Linda Ausby-Barlow says:

Deyanna & Brandon:

I love the photos! Simply Beautiful!
    “May you love as long as you live, and
    may you live very long to love each other.

Your Cousin,
    Auntie Barlow

18. Katuria Polite says:

Congratulations Deyanna and Brandon you had such a beautiful wedding may God continue to bless this union. I really hate I missed your special day.

19. Lizzie Reid says:

Beautiful Wedding.

20. Lilly Young says:

First of all I would like to say Deyanna you looked so beautiful and happy. Everything was in place. What God hath joined together let no man put asunder Mark 10:9. Hats off to that awesome Mrs. Tunderman you blew those pictures out of the water. I mean ma’am I felt like I was there. Job well done!!!

21. Whitney says:

So Beautiful, wish I could have been there to share the fun.

22. Tracy says:

He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord. Proverbs 18:22 God bless

23. Quantrisha Reid says:

Beautiful pictures

24. Shanary Polite says:

Beautiful pictures!!! You were a beautiful bride.

25. Fee says:

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your very special day! The beautiful photos truly capture the beauty of Jamaica and the “love” that was joined together in matrimony …and witnessed by family and friends. Much love and happiness!

26. TiffanyB says:

You have captured the joy shared by us all on this wonderful day. The pictures are amazing!

27. TiffanyB says:

On another note…. Gwen, please feel free to call our trio if you need us to perform “Love on Top” at another one of your weddings. We’re available…lol.

28. I would love to see it again!! : )

29. Felicia Maeweather says:

Pictures are beautiful! Brandon & Deauna we wish you the best and May God Bless you guys with many wonderful/happy anniversaries. Love Gabriel & Felicia

30. So happy for you both —you all look so happy! Congratulations and keep smiling….

Sharon

31. Mimi says:

Everything looks amazing. Your pictures are absolutely beautiful.